Digitization In Education

According to Wikipedia,  Digitization is the process of converting information into a digital format. Changes have been predominant in the education sector. Similarly, digitization in education shows the shift from textbooks to digital tutorials. Digitization in education evolves from in-class lectures to online learning using videos and written text tutorials, as everything was made more comfortable and faster after the innovation of technology.

digitization in education

Latest technologies in education

New teaching and learning methods are emerging each year as technology in education is continuously upgrading. And it helps in improving both student and teacher development. Here are some new technologies in the education for the time being.

1.Augmented and virtual reality

Teachers are increasingly using Augmented reality to implement virtual content on printed materials to enhance understanding after the success of Pokemon Go when we understood the role of augmented reality in education. Virtual reality allows students using e-learning platforms on mobile devices to interact with study material directly. The virtual lab is an effective method of interactive learning through which students can communicate with experimental apparatus and experience live learning.

 2. Flashnotes

Flashnotes helps students to earn money by uploading their lecture notes and sell to other students who need more resources. Students interested in sharing their lectures with others can create an account, and they can upload as many notes as they want, and can set their price for each set of notes. If the notes are sold, the student keeps 70% of the cost of the notes, while Flashnotes keeps the other 30%.

3.Cloud-based technology

It offers a solution to students who worry about losing their documents or buying multiple USB to store their data and documents. Assignments, projects, content related documents can be stored on the cloud safely. Google Drive is a cloud-based technology which is used by teachers to share information to students for project, assignments, presentations, exams, etc. Cloud-based classrooms include study materials in the form of texts, videos, etc. And they also provide live sessions with teachers by some applications like Skype.

4. 3D printing

The 3D printer is a must-have in classrooms and students can print out 3D models for various purposes, including interactive learning and project presentations. It helps students to create a model first to check the perfection of the same even before making the original. Students learn best through interaction,3D printing offers them on-hand experiences and is better than reading textbooks and listening to lectures.

5. Paper thin smartphones

These are durable e-papers which offers interaction with swipes and tapes is an A4 sized paper with 63g weight. Undoubtedly these papers can easily replace ordinary papers, books, etc. It can display books, play music and make phone calls, it offers anything that smartphones and tablets can do. Another advantage of using paper-thin smartphones is power consumption, it consumes power only when it is being bent.


Advantages of Digitization in education

Digitization in education provides opportunities to people who can’t afford higher education and to people who can’t access educational institutes as they are from remote areas. Digitization also helps employees with a heavy workload and can’t attend classes. Digitization makes it possible to pursue education to people with professional and family commitments. Though online education is not that strict, they have some deadlines to attend lectures, complete assignments, and to attend exams with greater concern to cover the syllabus. And it also allows users to access lectures 24*7. Some game-based strategies in learning increase student engagement. Digitization allows students to customize learning by level and modality.

Disadvantages of Digitization in education

Online learning should not be an alternative for in-class experience, as it makes lack of personal connection and interaction between student to student and teacher to student. Digitization also makes a chance of users to get into cyberbullying and it makes people disconnected from the real world. As laptops, computers, mobile phones completely replaced the usage of paper and books, its leads to extinct of good handwriting.

Balancing both traditional and western systems of education is the best way to make progress in the field of education.

No ratings yet.

Please rate this

One Response to Digitization In Education

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *